Panel: Strive to become school leaders
Liao, Ph.D., Lead Founder & Trustee,
Principal, High School for Dual Language and Asian Studies,
Have you ever felt frustrated with the school administrators as a parent? Have you ever felt helpless with the district administrators as a teacher? This panel discussion may change your mindset about what you could do to make a positive impact on the American schools and education systems.
will cover the following issues:
- what kind of school-leader type of positions a teacher can grow into?
- certification requirements
- pros and cons for these positions
- misconceptions about these positions
- differences between public and private schools for school leaders
- special opportunities created by the growing number of immersion schools
- strengths and weaknesses in general for first generation immigrants
- What is like to be a typical day of a public / private school principal?
- What does a principal like/dislike the most about his/her job?