Integrating FLASH in Chinese Language Instructions
FLASH, the set of multimedia technologies
for web pages, is a rich on-line resource. Especially for Chinese Language
teachers, FLASH is numerous and handy because educators in
Integration of technology into Chinese language curriculum is the trend, as well as a challenge. Among all the possible technologies, FLASH is a time-saving and money-saving solution because of its tremendous existence.
FLASH provides many benefits to Chinese language teaching and learning:
1. FLASH is animated and interactive. It teaches to the senses.
2. FLASH is a great helper to busy teachers not only because its amount but also because its coverage. FLASH covers all subjects!
3. FLASH visualizes the topics, especially complicated topics, so that the teacher is still able to conduct instructions in Chinese Language and make the lesson comprehensible.
4. Writing Chinese characters is a challenge for most students. FLASH is able to animate Chinese character writing in the right sequence. As computers and Internet entering each family, students watching those FLASH at home becomes possible. Therefore, teachers are able to spend less time to reinforce the correct order of Chinese character writing inside classroom and more time on activities that can surround students with the target language.
5. FLASH can also improve students listening and reading comprehension of Chinese language.
At the end of this session, I would like to demonstrate my examples of integrating FLASH in Chinese language classroom. I would also like to hear feedbacks and suggestions from my colleagues.